Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's That Time Of Year

It's that time of year....for cutting hay!
David and his brother have a favorite hobby; that is, they love to use their tractors and hay equipment to cut, ted (fluff), rake and bale hay.
Then, they sell it to people that own horses.

On Saturday David was at his parents house working on his building and Brad and I went to go visit him.

David took Brad out to the back fields so he could see David's brother ted the hay.
The hay needs to "fluffed" with a tedder so that it can dry better.



There was some grass on the edge of the field that was not cut.
I love all the wild flowers and weeds in the hay.


I'm guessing Brad will follow in his Daddy's footsteps and want to cut and bale hay, too.
He has shown much interest in how things work and will probably love to use a tractor.


After we went back to the house Brad and I went and got lunch at nearby deli and brought it back to David.
We had some nice family time during lunch, then it was back home for Brad and I so he could nap and back to work for David.


David has the next two weeks off, which is wonderful- he does this every year during hay season.
This year he will be concentrating more on putting his building up, though, although he did help his brother finish up that field this morning.
He had a huge tarp/canvas building that caved in during a storm this past winter and now he is moving it from his parent's house to his brother's.


It's a good time of year, even if it means David is in the fields at his parents house instead of home with us.
He very much enjoys his hobby and hopes to do this after he retires.


As for my hobby, well, you can probably tell I like to take pictures, especially of flowers. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures!! My mom grew up on a farm and cut hay every year. I remember doing it when I was young. We've got some great pictures. Only then it was on really old equipment! What a fun hobby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the risk of sounding like a dumb suburbanite...do you live on a farm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a farm- just a lot of acreage surrounding my in-law's home that my husband and his brother can harvest hay on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails