Before and After is hosted by Monica at Pixel Perfect Blog. This blog hop really is one of my favorites! I love seeing every one's creativity every week. It also stretches me with my own editing.
This picture is of Brad at a birthday party we attended last Saturday.
The before is not that good at all. The photo seems overexposed or something- I can't put my finger on it. I like his expression and think it's a cute photo of him so I wanted to fix it up.
This picture is of Brad at a birthday party we attended last Saturday.
The before is not that good at all. The photo seems overexposed or something- I can't put my finger on it. I like his expression and think it's a cute photo of him so I wanted to fix it up.

I did this edit completely on my own, meaning without the use of a preset. I fixed the exposure, bumped up the over all saturation and then of blue, aqua and green (his eyes actually have green in them!). Then, I gave it some more black and fixed the tone curves just to give it a final popped look.
I also used the clone tool to get rid of a white speck on his sleeve and that black thing sticking out by his head over the man's blue shirt.
What do you think?
Any constructive criticism is appreciated!Picture taken with my Canon Rebel T1i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens and edited in Lightroom.
Don't forget to visit Monica's blog to see her edit and others!











I think it looks great!! Super job!
ReplyDeleteI like it too... The edit makes his features pop...upping the blacks really gave the photo some nice depth!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE the tee-shirt! Where did you get that?
What a cutie!!! I think you did a great job with the edit. It really does bring out his eyes :)
ReplyDeleteWay to bring out his eyes - great job!
ReplyDeleteHis eyes pop more in the edit. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! Looks great, can't think of a thing to change. Good job!
ReplyDeleteHe's such a cutie...I must say! :-)
I love it and that shirt is adorable!
ReplyDeleteLove the eyes - and your edit was just the right touch.
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!!!! Love the Tshirt too!! :)
ReplyDeleteExcellent job with the processing. You did a wonderful job warm it up.
ReplyDeleteI love that a lot of your editing doesnt look "edited"...just like really great photos!
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable! I really like your edit and his eyes look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYou did good! Such a cute little man you have there!
ReplyDeleteDonna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!