We just got home about a half hour ago(from the time I started typing this post) from being gone for 13 hours.
We are so tired but had so much fun today.
David is really into trains, has been since he was a kid. So today we went on a train trip. The train station was an hour from our house, the ride was 2 hours one way and then we had a 4 1/2 hour layover in the town.
It was a great day. Brad did really well during the train ride. I drew about 100 Elmo's on the little etcha-sketch-type board we have...um, well, it's not an etch-a-sketch.....one of these- doodlers. In fact- that link is the exact same one we have. Yea, so, I've gotten pretty good at drawing Elmo, if I do say so myself. :-)
I would draw it, Brad would erase it and point the board and say "Elmo" indicating he wanted me to draw him again.
The day was wonderful for walking about. Overcast and not too warm.
We were exhausted by the time we got back to the train station (as we had walked to it from town rather than waiting for the bus) but it was a two hour ride back so really there would be plenty of rest time to make up for it. Brad did really well but he did get very dirty in the old, musty, well-used train car. At some point on the ride back he was laying on the carpeted floor between our seats(we had four seats facing each other). I figured I would just give him a bath when we got home.
Well, we didn't get home until 8:45...and he fell asleep about 15-30 minutes before we got home. When David gave him to me in the bathroom after I had gone up to get the water running, he still hadn't woken up, even after being taken out of the car seat and being in the bathroom with the bright lights and running water. So, we put him to bed. In the same dirty onesie he had been wearing all day.Tomorrow morning he will get a bath right after breakfast and I will wash his crib sheets and blankets. :)
I will share one photo, but I am far too tired to go through them all and post the good ones tonight. :)
He was coloring in his seat. Using his left hand, of course. Sometimes he uses his right but quite frequently he uses the left. We will see what he ends up using permanently.
I'm am super tired and I will be busy in the morning getting Brad cleaned up and then I have to go and clean my Aunt's house.
I hope everyone has a great Friday and then weekend!
David is really into trains, has been since he was a kid. So today we went on a train trip. The train station was an hour from our house, the ride was 2 hours one way and then we had a 4 1/2 hour layover in the town.
It was a great day. Brad did really well during the train ride. I drew about 100 Elmo's on the little etcha-sketch-type board we have...um, well, it's not an etch-a-sketch.....one of these- doodlers. In fact- that link is the exact same one we have. Yea, so, I've gotten pretty good at drawing Elmo, if I do say so myself. :-)
I would draw it, Brad would erase it and point the board and say "Elmo" indicating he wanted me to draw him again.
The day was wonderful for walking about. Overcast and not too warm.
We were exhausted by the time we got back to the train station (as we had walked to it from town rather than waiting for the bus) but it was a two hour ride back so really there would be plenty of rest time to make up for it. Brad did really well but he did get very dirty in the old, musty, well-used train car. At some point on the ride back he was laying on the carpeted floor between our seats(we had four seats facing each other). I figured I would just give him a bath when we got home.
Well, we didn't get home until 8:45...and he fell asleep about 15-30 minutes before we got home. When David gave him to me in the bathroom after I had gone up to get the water running, he still hadn't woken up, even after being taken out of the car seat and being in the bathroom with the bright lights and running water. So, we put him to bed. In the same dirty onesie he had been wearing all day.Tomorrow morning he will get a bath right after breakfast and I will wash his crib sheets and blankets. :)
I will share one photo, but I am far too tired to go through them all and post the good ones tonight. :)

He was coloring in his seat. Using his left hand, of course. Sometimes he uses his right but quite frequently he uses the left. We will see what he ends up using permanently.
I'm am super tired and I will be busy in the morning getting Brad cleaned up and then I have to go and clean my Aunt's house.
I hope everyone has a great Friday and then weekend!










This photo is adorable...get some rest!
ReplyDeleteit sounds like a very fun (and tiring!) day!
ReplyDeleteOh, what a fun day for your family to share. (And who knew you were such a Sesame Street artist?) :)
ReplyDeleteBridgette started out using both left and right hands, and through preschool they kind of "schooled" her to use her right hand, because it was a toss-up. (It's a right-hand friendly world, I guess...) But she's my super-creative one - creative writing genius, creative arts, loves acting...and they say the lefties often are the creative ones.
I wonder if your little one will be like that? I wonder if YOU were like that? Were (or are) you a lefty? You're so creative with your photography, and you seem like a talented writer and creative cook...just wondering... :)
Thanks for the compliments Pennie, but I am really not that creative! Creativity does not come easily to me. :) My husband is actually the creative one as is his dad and David's dad is a lefty.
ReplyDeleteOh, what a cute pic! Can't wait to see the rest!
ReplyDeleteHave you started investing in Thomas the Tank Engine yet? =) In the movies the trains are not so nice to each other... but we just used that as lessons ... pointing out how not nice they were ;) so funny! anyway... they have a Train day called A Day Out With Thomas... which we did with both our kids for their 3rd birthdays... if he loves Thomas it is worth the madness! as long as you book early in the day! ha ha! ;)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your new header!! That first picture walking down the tracks is priceless! Do you use a tripod or have some else shoot it for you? I love how you update your header and sidebar pics all the time. Every time I stop by your blog has a different feel to it. Me on the other hand I have snow in my side bar photos thats how log its been :)
ReplyDeleteOh..I missed Bradley's little face!!
ReplyDelete