I have been slacking off when it comes to blogging lately. That's not such a bad thing though, we've been busy.
The other day we went to the fair! I have fond memories of going to this local fair since I was a little girl.
David and I haven't gone in a couple of years though. We used to go to all the local county fairs but when we were expecting Brad, we decided to skip out on the fairs. So, I missed two summers, but that's OK, nothing has changed! :-)
We had some free tickets which was wonderful to use as the prices went up $3 more this year per ticket. I had entered a few photos as did my friend Lindsay and if you enter at least two items, you get a ticket. It was fun doing that with her and seeing our photos up on the wall in the Fine Arts building.
There are some things at the fair that are absolutely beautiful.
I love the little garden and sitting area outside the Fine Arts building.
It's such a nice, welcoming spot.
These are the black-eyed susans that are grown there.
The other day we went to the fair! I have fond memories of going to this local fair since I was a little girl.
David and I haven't gone in a couple of years though. We used to go to all the local county fairs but when we were expecting Brad, we decided to skip out on the fairs. So, I missed two summers, but that's OK, nothing has changed! :-)
We had some free tickets which was wonderful to use as the prices went up $3 more this year per ticket. I had entered a few photos as did my friend Lindsay and if you enter at least two items, you get a ticket. It was fun doing that with her and seeing our photos up on the wall in the Fine Arts building.
There are some things at the fair that are absolutely beautiful.
I love the little garden and sitting area outside the Fine Arts building.
It's such a nice, welcoming spot.
These are the black-eyed susans that are grown there.

After checking out the Fine Arts building and walking around, we had a snack- a vanilla shake.
Brad just learned this summer how to use a straw- I'm sure he is thankful for that. :)

We saw some Bengal cats. They are gorgeous!
Do you have $1,000-$2,000?
Because that is how much you would have to shell out to take one home!

What a face this is! Can you guess as to why?

We were watching a stunt show and this man climbed way up high.
I was feeling faint just thinking about being that high up.

We saw some animals; Brad enjoyed that. He made a moo sound when he saw cows and also I think he made the chicken noise before we went into the poultry building. When we got in there however, he was scared. I was holding him at that point and he put his head on my shoulder and held on tighter when the roosters were crowing.

This is snack number two- later that evening. We went home and had lunch and then a nap and went back after dinner.
He is eating an apple cider donut, one of my favorite snacks at the fair.

I got a few Ferris wheel pictures mainly for the photography class I am taking. The instructor asked if any one was going to a fair during the week to take some "cool pictures" of the big wheel. :)

I thought this was a nice view of the wheel from inside the gazebo. I wish that tractor trailer truck wasn't in the view though.


There goes Brad smelling flowers again. It's cute when he does it, so of course I have to get a picture.


I'm so glad we were able to go to the fair this year. It's fun to walk around and see others crafts, artwork, flowers, animals and some of the vendors.
I'm not into the carnival section, in fact, I avoid it. I only walked in a little to get some different photos of the wheel that I didn't show here.
Do you visit your local fairs or participate in them?











Fantastic photos! Those cats are very cute too, shame about the price (I always get rescue cats anyway). I'm looking forward to going 'home' in a couple of weeks as the local festival is on there - hope I get some good photos too.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a GREAT time at the fair! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the photo of the ferris wheel framed by the gazebo. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteWe go to the fair every year too!! It's quite the tradition in our family. We always end it at the rodeo. Ours is coming up soon...the kids can't wait.
ReplyDeleteI love your ferris wheel pictures. So cool. Especially the one framed by the gazebo! Great job, Heather!!
Our county fair went on while we were at Glacier Nat'l Park. Next year, I'd like to enter some photos I took while we were there.
ReplyDeleteLet us know if you won anything for the photos you entered! How fun!
We don't go to our county fair that often. We are on the MN/WI state line, in WI - but we're only 20 min. from the MN state fair so we go to the MN state fair every couple of years. It's in the Twin Cities, so it's big (and expensive) so we don't go every year or anything. I like the animal and exhibit part. We're about 6 hours from the WI state fair and I haven't been to that one for years - since we've lived there a LONG time ago.
Fabulous pictures! ;) I love the fair ... but we have missed it 2 years in a row now!! *sigh* =)I knew someone who bought 2 sliver Bengal Cats once... I was her nanny!! ha ha!! =)
ReplyDelete