Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Mama Needs Some New Clothes...

...alternately titled- "Wanna see a picture of me from 15 years ago?"
In October I will be one of the attendees at The Relevant Conference. I am very excited about meeting other Christian women bloggers and listening to the amazing speakers.
It has been in the back of my mind though that I need some fall/winter clothes to wear. Ya know, beside jeans, a t-shirt and a sweatshirt or sweater. I definitely let myself go and get trapped in frumpy mommy-mode. Who am I kidding though, I've never really been the stylish type. :)
I have gotten a few outfits in the past couple weeks. I just had my birthday and my dad gave me money to buy clothes with (thanks so much, Dad!). But we all know how expensive clothes can be and how a couple outfits can really add up in price.
I was so excited when I saw that The Relevant Conference website was having a DownEast Basics clothing giveaway. They will give away one outfit each to 5 lucky winners who are willing to be models for their clothing line at the conference.
What immediately came to my mind was - "I could use another outfit(what mommy can't, right?)," and, "I have experience!."
You see, I did a fashion show once.

15 years ago, while in 4-H, I made an apron and had to show it at a 4-H fashion show.
I was very nervous but it went off without a hitch-

I even did a twirl!
(Gotta love the boots with the white tights- I thought I was so cool.) :-)

So, DownEast Basics, I would be honored to wear one of your outfits to the Relevant Conference. As you can see, I am highly qualified. ;-)
I would love to wear the City Streets Skirt, Infatuation Cardigan in Chateau Grey, with maybe a Pretty Camisole underneath, and the Cropped Leggings in grey.
I'm not very good at putting together outfits so If anyone thinks a different top or sweater would look better with the skirt, let me know!
Thanks again, DownEast Basics for giving all of us conference attendees the chance to win an outfit!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you're going to Relevant! Have a great time! I hope you win the outfit. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that is so cute and this is so fun! I hope you learn and grow so much at the conference. If my life were not so crazy I would have found a way to go too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather try going to Plato's closet. They have a pretty good variety of clothes for pretty cheap. I get my clothes at Rue 21 because they have really cheap clothes.
    I remember you that young. I would've been only 6 but I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are more than qualified to be a model, I'd say. Check out that twirl! At best I'm a jeans and t.shirt girl too, at worst I'm a trackpants and t.shirt girl, so I am of NO fashion help for you whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Great job modeling! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny! Couldn't find my pictures from my fashion show in 3rd grade but we definitely both have experience! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you looked great!

    Hey, you're going to Relevant? I totally would love to go! Good luck with the contest!

    Geez, I just realized how long it's been since I've been here. So sorry, my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails