Last Thursday, my family and I packed our bags and drove to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
A year ago, if you asked if I would go to a blogging conference I probably would have laughed it off and said "yea, right."
It was only a year ago that I had started blogging.
This past Spring I saw chatter around the blog world about a Christian women's blogging conference being organized.
The women organizing the conference happened to be bloggers that I already followed.
I felt a pull, and I knew I didn't want to miss this.
I was a little nervous that my "little mommy blog" wouldn't fit at the conference.
I don't post regularly and sometimes I feel I don't have a clear direction with my blog other than blogging about my experiences being a mom and sharing some pictures of Brad.
However, when I got to the conference and heard the first keynote address by Crystal from Money Saving Mom. I knew I was in the right place.
Crystal's speech was just what I needed to hear.
She spoke on spending too much time on the internet and not enough time with our families.
Most of her speech hit home for me. It had for many of us in the room, as I could hear by the murmurs and laughter around me as they admitted that they, too, could relate.
A year ago, if you asked if I would go to a blogging conference I probably would have laughed it off and said "yea, right."
It was only a year ago that I had started blogging.
This past Spring I saw chatter around the blog world about a Christian women's blogging conference being organized.
The women organizing the conference happened to be bloggers that I already followed.
I felt a pull, and I knew I didn't want to miss this.
I was a little nervous that my "little mommy blog" wouldn't fit at the conference.
I don't post regularly and sometimes I feel I don't have a clear direction with my blog other than blogging about my experiences being a mom and sharing some pictures of Brad.
However, when I got to the conference and heard the first keynote address by Crystal from Money Saving Mom. I knew I was in the right place.
Crystal's speech was just what I needed to hear.
She spoke on spending too much time on the internet and not enough time with our families.
Most of her speech hit home for me. It had for many of us in the room, as I could hear by the murmurs and laughter around me as they admitted that they, too, could relate.
Here is a picture ofTraci and I.
I have known her in the blogging world for probably a year.
It was so much fun to finally meet her!

I was so inspired listening to both of Sally Clarkson's addresses.
She is a wonderful and inspiring woman.
I was sharing with my mom tonight about Relevant and showing her the photos. She recognized Sally and told me she has received her homeschooling newsletters in the past when she home schooled my brothers.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from Sally-
"Always make time for your children."
"You can't live for the approval of other people."
"It's not a matter of your inadequacy, it's a matter of His adequacy."

I'm sure most of you know who this lady is, Angie Smith.
She is so sweet and I am so glad to have met her.
I enjoyed her keynote and also attended one of her sessions about blogging authentically.
She is truly a sweet soul and I enjoyed hearing what she had to say.

This sweet woman was new to me.
Serena Woods.
I enjoyed her devotional on Saturday morning and also attended two of her sessions.
She writes about showing grace to others.
I highly recommend her blog.
I ordered her book- "Grace Is For Sinners," and can't wait to get it in the mail!

Ann Voskamp was the final keynote.
I had just found Ann's blog a few days before I left for the conference and I am so glad I did.
She is a beautiful, humble, and gracious soul.
What makes her so beautiful is that she doesn't want you to look to her, she wants you to look to God.
I don't know exactly how to put into words how her speech affected me.
I actually didn't even take notes during her speech as I had done others, I sat there, listening and taking it all in.
Here is the link to her blog- A Holy Experience. Please take the time to read some of her blog.
She inspired me to believe in myself more, care less about what others think and more about what God wants of me.

The conference was put together so wonderfully by these three ladies-
Sarah Mae from Like a Warm Cup of Coffee,
Jessica from Muthering Heights and Dana from Mrs. Moneysaver.God used them to bless us! Thank you, ladies!

The last night was very special.
There was a time of praise and worship.
To hear so many other voices lifted up in praise to our Maker was wonderful.

Then there were "Good Bye's."
I had met these two ladies, whose blogs I have been following for about a year.
Lynnette Kraft and September.
I find them very inspiring as they have gone through very hard trials in their life but God has sustained them and lifted them up.












Dear Heather, you are so lucky having such conferences organized! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you were able to come and be blessed! It was so nice to meet you! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great experience! Funny that I didn't realize you and I must have begun blogging around the same time. It's been a year for me too.
ReplyDeleteOnce there was a time when you nearly couldn't pry me away from the blog world, now I drag myself back to it every now and again just to check in.
What a wonderful time!! I've been reading Ann Voskamp's blog for about 5 or 6 years now. It was one of the first blogs I ever read on a regular basis. Her heart is inspiring!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a good time. I wanted to go this year, but wasn't able to. I hope they have one next year, maybe I will be able to go.
ReplyDeleteWow! What an experience.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I'm so happy for you that you were able to go. And I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christian experience with fellow bloggers! Oh, and you look great in every picture, my friend!
ReplyDeleteOk, now I have to go back and click on all your links, all of those women sound amazing!
So glad that you had a great time! It sounds like the Lord really met you there (what could be better?). Hope that Brad had a great time at Hershey!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a blessed weekend! You deserve it. :) Maybe next year I will join you.
ReplyDeleteHeather, that sounds like a BLAST!!! I love conferences, having gone to many Christian women's conferences and writing conferences - but never a blogging conference. Wow - you make it sound so FUN!
ReplyDeleteI would have totally loved meeting women like you at a conference like that!